Vortex Bladeless is a tech startup developing a wind generator which needs no blades. Designed to be an equivalent of solar energy in features and cost-effectiveness over time. Current product’s development is focused in on-site generation, meant to work alongside other Vortex units or regular solar panels in hybrid installations.
Read Vortex full biography and current state
- Bladeless turbines are meant to be gearless, oil-less, standalone, self-running, low-maintenance, harmless to birds, silent and lightweight.
- Vortex wind generators are expected to have lower cost, carbon footprint and usage of materials than regular wind turbines.
- Some objetives with Vortex wind power are to have a better space optimisation, response to wind changes, ROI and life-span than blades-based wind energy.
- We want Vortex technology to have similar price and similar operation features to solar panels. Estimated launching date late 2019.
Read Vortex Bladeless on Wikipedia
- 2017 – Innovation PYME of Spanish Government
- 2016 – EU’s SME instrument Seal of Excellence
- 2016 – “Renovable del Año 2016“ at 10th ‘Abulenses’ phase of Energy
- 2014 – The South Summit Award (category of energy and industry)
- 2014 – “Caja de Ingenieros” Entrepreneurs Award
- 2012 – “Fondo de Emprendedores” Repsol Foundation Award
Collaboration with: EASME, Altair, CDTI, BSC, UPM, Birdlife, Ceres, Ciemat, and more.
Read full Vortex awards & partners